When it comes to security, on-site access control is one of the most important aspects. The greater the control, the more effective the security systems will be. Access control is used on a huge variety of sites; construction, office buildings and industrial estates and all offer a greater amount of control over the entry of visitors. For on-site security to be fully effective there needs to be a greater understanding of what it can accomplish.
So, what is access control?
Well, in simple terms, access control is basically an on-site manned guard who controls who can and cannot enter a site and are responsible for controlling access/egress of staff, visitors, clients or delivery vehicles.
What are the advantages of having access control in place?
- Having a defined access or egress procedure in place such as visitor logs and/or staff I.D. cards which are managed by the security officer ensures all persons on site will have the permission of the landowner.
- Peace of Mind; Securing the proper areas in your office or business means fewer entranceways that you have to worry about being vulnerable. This means that the attention can be focused on areas where more people enter and where security can be properly deployed.
- Without access control, intruders will be able to attended freely on site; being able to drive/ walk into the site at various points without any checks being made. This would allow them the time to understand the layout of the site, items of value and return at a later time to commit the crime if they didn’t do it at the time of entering.
- Generally speaking, insurance companies would not take any responsibility for any contra charges or claims if a person(s) were to enter site and cause damage, theft or try to reside (such as travellers) without appropriate access control in place.
- Access control allows you to protect your business, it’s assets and any staff/ employees from unwanted criminal activity, intruders and anti-social behaviour.
Overall, whether you have an office, a construction site or run a large business that needs several layers of security, having the proper access control means limiting the places where an intruder can enter the premises. This type of security can certainly bring about a greater focus to the efforts at keeping people inside safe and secure.
It pays to consult with the access control experts at Acclaimed Security. They have the knowledge, experience and skill to effectively secure your site. If you are in need of better access control, give them a call and learn from the experts about what can be done for your situation.
Acclaimed Security are fully SIA licensed and regulated